TAT CN Header

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ernie, without the Bert

The threat of Ernesto has closed most of South Florida, so that means no work for me today -- picture me doing a little jig! Plus, it looks like Ernesto will now remain a tropical storm instead of turning into the predicted hurricane. Awesome: A day off and no real threat. Oops! I shouldn't have said that; I hope I didn't jinx us. Anyway, I'm hoping for a day off tomorrow as well (the storm is supposed to make landfall in the middle of the night), but a four day week before Labor Day is already like having your birthday the week before Christmas, so I shouldn't get too greedy with my wishes.

5 comments:

Erin said...

At least you work for "most" of Southern Florida and not the Nazi company I do. I was at work bright and early. If we don't get a warning...I will be here until 5pm and back in the morning. :(

mouse said...

stay safe, girl!

Firefly's Running said...

Be safe. Will be thinking of you.

sir baldy said...

Jess, you and all the big M boys are bums! I just talked to Juan Cinco and it's not even a storm.

BTW, I'm rooting for you in the 5K. Remember you're small so you can draft behind Ryan and conserve your energy.

Running Rabbit said...

Oh...be greedy!!! Up north, teachers LIVE for snow days!