TAT CN Header

Monday, June 09, 2014

Rained Out

This evening, I wanted to run a nice, decent run to donate more miles, and more dollars, to Mizuno Baton, but when I was heading out, the sky was darkening and ominous clouds promised rain.

Still, I wanted to get SOME miles in for my donation.

Half a mile in, it started to rain.  Not hard, and I thought, "Hey, at least I have the path to myself!"


Less than a mile later, the drizzle had turned into a deluge.



And, with nearby lightning, I had to concede and run back to my car.


I only logged 1.44 miles, so $1.44, but I guess that's better than $0.

When I got home, I changed out of my sopping clothes, got dry duds on and hopped on the treadmill for 2 more miles.


They weren't donatable miles, but at least I could finish a run that felt more complete. 

2 comments:

Carolina John said...

I bet the deluge was over 5 minutes after it started? That's how we roll in NC.

Actually that storm came through Raleigh about 10:30 last night, and it was still pouring down hard when I went to bed about 11:15, so that's a big one.

Jess said...

John, exactly! It rained for a couple of hours here. A little different from the daily, 2 minutes of downpour we're used to in FL!