TAT CN Header

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

New Shoes: Potential Speed Eruptors

What's better than a Pocket Volcano? 


Well, probably nothing. I mean, can anything REALLY beat "science on your palm"? 

(Seriously.  Did NO one at either the manufacturer, or the science museum gift shop, take pause when proof reading this packaging?  Or, do you think they shrugged their shoulders and said, "Eh.  Who's gonna notice?")

But, the answer for today is...drum roll please...new shoes!


They arrived on Monday, and when Norah saw them, she exclaimed, "Mom!  You're gonna love these!  They're so bright!"

"Bright" is an understatement, like calling fried mozzarella sticks simply "good."  (When the correct description of fried mozzarella sticks is: "Balls!  Those taste like happiness and rainbows!")

These shoes can be seen from Mars, and I can't decide if that makes them awesome or obnoxious.  I think I'll go with awesome.

Today, I took them for a spin on the treadmill, and like all new shoes, they initially felt stiff (much like what precedes a "volcanic eruption"?  Sorry, sorry, I just can't get over that toy and I'm beating myself up that I didn't fork over the $5 and save it for Jerry's Christmas stocking. Well...there's still time for my Christmas shopping...), and my heels were cringing in anticipation of chafed skin.


But, they fared great, and I ran 5 comfortable miles in them.  And, yes, I balance my statuesque 5 foot frame quite fine atop these miniature tootsies.

I wasn't any faster in them, despite the color suggesting potential speed, but with fresh shoes, I may have to warn: New shoes may cause premature "eruptions" of pace.  

In running, a favorable outcome.

4 comments:

Julie D said...

Awesome fun shoes! I'm sure they'll get good use!

One Crazy Penguin said...

Can I just "that's what she said" this entire post?

Also, I am *madly* in love with those shoes. The brighter the better!

Professional-essay-writing.com said...

Yeah! Good shoes are crucial for those who run or work out at gym. It is great when shoes are not just of the high quality but also good looking) That is so important for girls))

alamwag said...

شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض

شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
صيانة مسابح بالرياض
شركة صيانة مكيفات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مكيفات بالرياض

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف كنب بالرياض
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض

شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخرج