Right now, I suppose I'm still summer SAHMing, as it is summer and I'm a SAHM, but since I have no fall teaching position lined up, this could be my new life.
For. Ev. Er.*
For. Ev. Er.*
But why look at it as a punishment when there are so many pros to being a SAHM? Like:
- Having this exact conversation a trajillion times a day: "Mom, where are you?" "I'm in here!" "Where?" "Follow the sound of my voice!"
- Getting to enjoy iced coffee that started hot and hot coffee that began as iced.
- Enjoying the gentle urine-shower my legs get each time I take Caleb to the bathroom.
- Being asked every ten minutes if they can have something sugary.
- Relishing being the first one in the morning to discover the dog shit on the stairs.
- Savoring each phrase that I say all. day. long. Like: "Shut the door! You're letting flies in!"
- Loving how each trip to the store -- no matter the store, no matter the number of original items on the list -- means that it costs twice as much and takes three times as long.
Of course, there's also the pleasures of:
- Water balloons
- Sidewalk chalk
- Watching them ride bikes while I sit and sip Diet Coke
- Going to parks
- The museum
- Watching cartoons in the afternoon
- Wearing sweatpants all day
- Snuggling in the morning
And, there is a LOT of cuteness:
He's kinda cute too.
*Unless, of course, my Rent-A-Slide career backfires as well.