TAT CN Header

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kids: Want 'Em?

Today I had the essential conditions with the kids for a "perfect storm" kind of day -- rain, stuck at home because we were waiting for a service call, a moody preschooler, and a whiny toddler -- by lunch time, I was ready to set the two of them out by the curb with a "FREE" sign and see if I got any takers.

At lunch, Norah spilled her milk THREE times.  THREE times!  There isn't a font big enough to express my frustration during that meal.  I know that each spill was an accident, and I know that "there's no use crying over spilled milk," but christ on crutches, it felt like she was just trying to see if the vein in my head was going to burst.

Thankfully, after lunch, a fistful of Advil (for me), and a nice, long nap (for everyone), I felt much better.  And, the afternoon went much smoother than our morning: Rain cleared, service call was done, so we were free to escape to the park for awhile.  Everyone was happier.

Still, I was looking forward to getting out for my evening run.  Some days I need that run more than others, and I knew today was one of those REALLY-NEED-IT sort of days, and it did not disappoint.  4 miles later, I returned home feeling more sane than any amount of Advil can help me with.

I swear, for me, nuthin' is a better stress reliever than a good run. 

Well...an ice cold beer comes real close!

4 comments:

Agate Lake Girl said...

Getting caught up on like a weeks worth of posts so... Congrats to Norah and Caleb on their milestones!, looks like you had a fun Fourth, and I burst out laughing when I read about the spilt milk - Rylee once spilled a little orange juice on the carpet and then proceeded to spill the rest of the cup right after I finished cleaning it up. :)

Ryan said...

*Christ on Crutches*, Marshall would be proud.

I don't know how you do it Jess....

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Now that I am full time at home with the kids (and NO, repeat NO childcare at all) I understand more clearly why my mom an amazing person. She stayed at home with all 3 of her daughters and we all survived to adulthood.

My problem? I don't drink...yet. ;-)

Carolina John said...

This is why housewives drink during the day. I wish I could say it got easier, but really your liver is the biggest victim here. Drink up!