TAT CN Header

Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Movie and Some Miles

This afternoon, Norah and I got in the car at 3:30 pm, and the car read 102 degrees.  I don't always trust the accuracy of a car's temp reading, but either way, it was HOT out.

We went to join some friends at the cheap theater to see "Brave."  Personally, I really liked it, and Norah did too (although, I think 90% of the story went right over her head), and it was the first movie theater movie that she sat* through in its entirety!  When we got out of the theater, and back in the car at about 5:50, the car then read 92 degrees -- cooler, but still brutal.

An hour later, I was lacing up my running shoes and heading back out there to get my day's 5 miler done.  I'm sure it was a few degrees cooler then, but not by much, and I didn't bother to check.  It was a warm one, but because I had waited until 7 pm, the sun was setting, and it was surprisingly not an awful run, especially considering that for dinner I'd basically eaten popcorn and Gummi savers -- not exactly ideal running fuel.  I did my share of sweating, and when I got home, Jerry declared: "Ugh!  Look at that boob sweat!" referring to my saturated sports bra.  Yummers.

So, that polished off my 35 mile week: Complete success!  Next up?  Bring on the 40 mile week this week!  Which means I have to average 5.7 miles a day.  I think I may just round up to 6 miles most days.

*"Sitting" is a relative term here.  I should just say that she saw the whole movie.  She was up and down in her seat plenty of times, and sat in my lap during a couple of the scary bear scenes, and we had to make one trip to the bathroom.  Still, I got to see the whole movie, and that was a delight!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Good job on the run. The movie was good but for as much as Miller talked through it, he seems to remember quite a bit.

We just had a ten minute conversation about bears and "what if they broke into the house?" He said he would distract them with the Nerf guns while Daddy shot them with his real guns and if Daddy missed and shot mom's "stuff" in the house she wouldn't be too mad. Everything with Miller is exhausting. TG tomorrow is Monday. :)

MCM Mama said...

My 6 year old still ends up spending part of most movies in my lap...

Good job on the running. I'm going to be starting to increase my mileage soon. Hope I have as much success as you are having.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess - impressed to see that you had the discipline to do the running AND the blog! well done. Wish my clients were like you. I need to email you to ask you a very important question on the title of your blog. twentyonedayhabit as I would like to write up an e book with that title. I could refer to your blog as a shining example - and tell the world that you used the exact title first. I am at rob(at)designsmith.co.za please let me know - Rob

James said...

My 4 year old boy desperately wanted to see Brave. We took him and it was a good film. After the movie, I got it out of him that he only wanted to go so that he could watch the "pretty girl". Ha! Congrats on Norah sitting through.

Carolina John said...

haha, yea my kids had to be at least 4 years old before they would actually sit through an entire movie, but they still love to go.

Marlene said...

That is some brutal heat - way to get the run done and finish off a big week!