Some notes on the journey:
- It rained on me between miles 2 and 3, and even though it was a brief rain, I got soaked. Thankfully, the shorts I was wearing dried out easily and the rain was nice and cool, so I didn't really mind.
- I did not wear my fuel belt; instead, I brought along a few dollars in my tiny shorts pocket and bought some water from a gas station. It was easier than dealing with that darn fuel belt (I have delayed getting used to it).
- I walked some while I drank my water; and later in the last mile, I walked a little bit as well; otherwise, it was all running.
- The last three miles were long. 13 miles is far.
- Lastly, I think I've unlocked the secret to my nausea: I believe Gatorade to be the culprit. Every time I drink Gatorade before or after a long run, I throw up, but when I stick to water and then have a big glass of OJ when I get home, I seem to be fine. I suppose I should experiment with some other kind of replacement drink, but I'm reluctant to re-enter the world of post-run-barfing.
- I'm gonna be sore tomorrow.