TAT CN Header

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Lance's Time

This morning a co-worker asked me: Do you know what time Lance Armstrong finished the New York marathon on Sunday? I promptly responded: 2:59:36. Impressed, the co-worker and I went on to discuss aspects of Lance and his marathoning.

Apparently, I am viewed now as the departmental expert on running and marathoning (only because so few others run -- I know of only one other and she's out of commission for now, she's the one who fell off the treadmill), so other instructors feel compelled to ask me marathon or running questions, and my prompt reply this morning made me feel like a real runner. Funny, because it seems as though my own running should make me feel like a real runner, but instead, it's the knowledge of the sport and current running events that somehow re-affirm my part in it.

BTW, I'm sure you running bloggers already read what Lance said about the marathon, but I feel it bears repeating: "It's the hardest thing I've ever done," says 7 time Tour de France winner. Certainly does make completing a marathon sound more elite, doesn't it?

4 comments:

Erin said...

Like I said in my earlier comment to you runners, I certainly admire you! Go get 'em!

Anonymous said...

I have to respect Lance for what he said--it give us a lot of credit for running 26.2.

And you're right--it does bear repeating!

teacherwoman said...

I HEART LANCE! Yep! Love him! It's amazing that he found this marathon to be the hardest thing he has ever done!! Craziness!

MNFirefly said...

Hard my butt. Especially with all of the perks he go. PLUHHHHHLEEZE!