Possibilities for why I can't fall asleep tonight:
1. Husband is snoring; snoring alternates between machine-gun rattles and train-engine blares.
2. Dog was positioned directly beneath my legs; he is not allowing me to fully stretch out.
3. I had, perhaps, had too much coffee today -- I can see my pulse in my neck.
4. I have a mild case of heartburn -- maybe I shouldn't have settled on that 11 o'clock "snack" that meant eating the rest of the chicken bowtie salad I made today.
5. I have too many things running through my mind; they range from thinking about the x-mas shopping I have left, to thinking about money, to trying to remember a song title when I can't even fully think of the song I'm trying to think of, to wondering if the platypus is proof that God does exist or proof that God does not exist, to feeling dismayed that the dog chewed through the comforter yesterday.
Something tells me that my run won't be first thing in the morning.