TAT CN Header

Monday, November 20, 2006

Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree!

Ahh, Christmas decorating. Nothing is more relaxing and fun than getting ready for the holidays.

It's Scooter's 1st Christmas, so the tree and the decorations and the wrapping paper are all new to him -- I already lost part of an ornament (let's just say it was a stuffed bear with skis, and now it's just a stuffed bear) -- here he is inspecting the ornaments on the lower branches. He's not sure if we're playing a game by having toys suspended at nose height, or if we're torturing him; it's kinda nerve wracking for a Beagle.

Obviously my hip feels fine now, fine enough to be standing on chairs and decorating. I took some aspirin this morning and stretched as best I could, and as the day progressed, it got looser and felt improved. I think I'll be fine to run tomorrow -- it's supposed to be cold (down into the 40s!) so it really will be like a Winter Wonderland, sans snow. I'll have to dig around for some warm weather running clothes, hmmm, I don't know if I own any of those.


We tried to put Scooter into some reindeer antlers, but he wasn't having any of that. He briefly snuggled my husband as if to say "thanks, but no thanks" and then wrestled out of them. It was cute for about 30 seconds. That's how long "cute" lasts in our house.

Maybe next year for Christmas our house will be finished; of course, that's what we wished for last year as well.

4 comments:

MNFirefly said...

ROFL! Cute pictures. Still TOO early for me.

Erin said...

Oh...very cute! I think the cold snap is what is putting me in the mood for holiday cheer. I would love to start shopping but I hate the service and crowds down here. I still haven't fallen in love with online shopping so I will have to brave the crowds one more year.

My Life said...

Wow, you're putting your tree up already...! Love the dog & headwear story. Our pug's "grandma" gave her a santa suit - she'll wear it, but the hat is off in 6.1 seconds. ;)

Stephanie said...

Yeah, my cat doesn't do Christmas cute. Of course, she doesn't really do cute at all. Or anything else that I want her to do. But then, I guess that's what makes her a cat!