TAT CN Header

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Route of Carnage

On my run last night, I noticed an unusally high number of dead animals: two dead birds, one dead possum, and several squished lizards. The possum has been dead and rotting in that spot for awhile now -- it was very stinky for awhile, but now I guess it's moved away from the stinky phase and into the phase where it quickly turns into a pile of bones; it's disturbingly graffic, and for some reason I can't help but look at it every time I take that path. The birds were new though, and I see dead lizards all the time.

Makes me think how closely we share an environment with the critters, even if this is a highly urbanized area. Too bad most of the wildlife I get to see is already deceased.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I guess dead animals are better than getting attacked by pigeons which is what happened to me this morning.