TAT CN Header

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Better Than Nuthin

This morning, Norah slept until 7:20. It. was. awesome! Of course, the extra sleep meant that we didn't get out for our run at the normal time, and because I was afflicted with a case of slow, it was 8:30 before we were headed out for our run. Which is too late and too hot. So, I choose a two mile path that remains shady the entire way, and that's what we did: 2 miles.

With these small 1 and 2 milers this week, I am really racking up the single digit mileage. 4 days worth of runs so far this week and my mileage has totaled 8 miles. Pitiful. However, I figure that even those these short runs don't add up to much, they still add up to SOMEthing. If I weren't pursuing this streak, I would have simply skipped running on a day like today.

17 comments:

Jamoosh said...

And by August you'll be saying "only 90 degrees and 90% humidity..."

Marlene said...

They definitely count for something and they gradually add up. I'm sure the sleep-in was worth it!

Wes said...

ya, I was gonna say, the actual mileage is secondary to your goal...

:-)

Lily on the Road said...

you're on target, good for you! Glad little Norah had a sleep in, must mean she's growing again!

Shanna said...

Good for you for getting out there! We've lucked out in the heat depot a little here in TX the last two weeks, though the humidity (as you mentioned in your last post) is still gross!! I love this streak you're doing. Maybe as summer winds down, if I need a little nudge I'll follow suit ;)

runsarah said...

I don't know how you do it in the heat - when I visit Florida I can't even walk outside!

RunningLaur said...

exactly, something's better than nothing. and the streak continues!!

ajh said...

I admire you for getting out there in the heat!

Jess said...

They definitely count for something even if it's only a few miles here and there!

N.D. said...

2 miles sounds manageable in the heat. Nice job. the sleeping in makes my day!

Krissy said...

You are doing awesome keeping up with your goal & you live in Florida you totally get extra points for that! The humidity must be terrible this time of year, I tried running in the Dominican outdoors on our resort while on vacation and I simply couldn't, I had to do all indoor treadmil work. Kudos to you!

shellyrm aka jogging stroller mama said...

Any run is better than no run ~ at least for me. Great job getting out there and doing it out of your routine time!

Crystal said...

8 miles is much better than nada so you're still lookin good in my book!

Heather said...

Isn't it funny how you get so excited about sleeping in until 7:30? Sophie occasionally now sleeps until 8:00 on weekends if she gets to bed later and it feels like sleeping in until noon used to. :)

Her Name is Rio said...

Glad you were able to enjoy that extra time in the morning! Each mile counts!

許馨慧 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

sRod said...

Good work keeping up the streak! A run is a run no matter how long (to borrow from Dr. Seuss).