Here's what's up in my life besides running. A summary, if you will:
1. I got my hair trimmed on Saturday. All of them. The stylist said she thought I was 16 until she saw some gray hairs and then just had to ask how old I was. Then, she audaciously plucked out my favorite, lucky gray hair on my part without even asking. I've had that hair for years! That irked me.
2. Hosted a Body Shop party on Saturday night with my gal-pals. Drank some wine, ate some snacks, got to try out different beauty products. Party ended up doing well, so as the host, I got $40 worth of free product! It was awesome.
3. I am reading a new novel, "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer, and I'm engrossed. I think it's a teen novel, and the characters' actions and dialogue are a little forced and cliche, but the plot is really compelling. This is the first sentence: "I'd never given much thought as to how I would die -- but even if I'd had, I would not have imagined it like this." Intriguing, right? Reading it kept me up a little late last night.
4. This is only the second week of class, but students are already frustrating me. Late assignments, missed class, and one email from a student with this subject: "I missed class on Monday and I need to ketchup." Clearly, I am waging an uphill battle here.
5. Tonight, my husband and I are going on a "date." Going to dinner and "Suberbad" since I missed it last week. I'm excited for the evening out.
6. I can't wait until payday this Friday. I really want a new pair of running shoes. My current pair are not that old (bought them in June) but they're already wearing out. Plus, they're really dirty.
There, now you're all "ketchup" on my life outside of mileage and times.