TAT CN Header

Monday, May 15, 2006

Early Riser

The computer issues persist, but while I can't log into my email, somehow I am still admitted into Blogger, so I'll truck on today but it looks like I will have to try and call tech support people at some point -- ick.

Anyway, last night before bed, I was filled with good running intentions, and I thought I would rise early today and go running in the wee hours and have it done with. (I have to teach a class this evening, so I won't be able to save it until the sun goes down and I was trying to get the run in before the sun came up.) Well, as you can probably guess, the alarm went off at 6:30 and I turned it off and went back to sleep. This morning I was particularly tired for some reason and could not rouse myself from sleep. After my husband left for work (in an annoyingly good mood), I slept another hour, and probably would have honestly kept sleeping if it weren't for the dog bugging me.

Now I will have to go to the gym and do my run on the treadmill, and I get so bored on the treadmill, despite having tunes, that I inevitably cut the run shorter than I originally intended. On Wednesday when I have class again, I'll have to try my hardest to actually rise early -- we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've just got to tell you that I love your blog. An FYI, the Minneapolis Star Tribune has a link to your page on its marathon blog right now (www.startribune.com/blogs/marathon) This was a random find--more a result of work boredom than me being a blog reader--but I am so glad I came across it! It's a good laughter pill in the middle of the day. I, too am a writer/runner/random thinker and get a kick out of your posts.