TAT CN Header

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Flushed

I spoke a little too soon about the cooler Florida weather. Yesterday, I figured it was cool enough to run in the afternoon, around four thirty, but after running, I decided I was wrong. You know when you stop running, and the waves of heat wash over you and almost overhwelm you in sweat, and you feel a bit sick to your stomach? Yeah, that's how I felt for a few moments when I got home.

My face was bright red and I was sweating like you wouldn't believe. So I turned the shower water on cold, and hopped in under the icy water, but it still took a half an hour of laying by the fan to completely cool off and restore my color to its normal hue. I'm not sure if it's normal to get this extra red face -- does it mean anything? Do I have a disorder?

I see others who run in the gym or runners I pass on the sidewalk and none of them are crimson like I am. I don't get that pretty little flush in the cheeks, I look like I fell asleep on the beach without sunblock. Maybe I just need to stick to running in near-artic weather; but then I would be red from wind burn -- I just can't win!

1 comment:

nrlaumei said...

I get that flushed face too...even if I'm not that out of breath or tired. Ugh.