- It is cooler in the morning, but it's more humid. So, I think the trade off makes the temp about the same.
- There's way less traffic at 5 am, so I really don't have to stop for lights, which is nice.
- There is some traffic at 5 am, and I always wonder if people are just heading out for work at that hour or just heading home from work.
- It is just as dark at 5 am as it is by 7:30 pm.
- I am not any faster at either hour.
- There are zero other pedestrians at 5 am.
- There are school buses out driving around at 5 am, which makes me wonder what kids need to be picked up at that hour.
- Neither McDonald's nor the gas station are open at 5 am, so if I ever have a bathroom emergency at that hour, I'm gonna have to squat behind a bush.
- I can eat dinner and go run an hour afterward in the evening, and I can drink a cup of coffee and eat a granola bar 20 minutes before a morning run, and I have no stomach issues. Thank you, sweet baby Jesus.
- Getting up and getting the run done at 5 am is nice because I know that it's done for the day and there's no worrying about how I'll fit it in or around the evening bath time/bedtime routine.
- Running at 7 pm is nice because it allows me to de-stress from the day, and after a day spent with a two month old, sometimes that alone time feels like magic.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Back to Back
Last night, I went for a 3 miler at about 7 pm, and this morning, less than 12 hours later, I was back out there at 5 am for another 3 miler. So, here are my random observations about the differences and similarities between the two times: