I know there are some people out there who can get out of bed, hop into their running clothes, and be out the door for an AM run within 10 minutes.
I am not one of those people.
For me, the AM run routine is about 30 minutes and the process is something like this:
1. Pump. No one wants to run with boobies full of milk. That would hurt. So, I first have to get up and treat myself to feeling like Elsie the cow.
2. Drink a cup of coffee. Whether it's 5 am or 10 am, I don't wake up until I've had a cup 'o joe. (And yes, you can still drink caffeine and breastfeed -- you just have to limit the amount of caffeine.)
3. Whilst I sip down my coffee, I read blogs for about 10 or 15 minutes. So, if you have comments on your blogs from me that are time stamped at o' dark thirty, then you understand what I'm doing.
4. Poop. A pre-run deuce is essential to me before a morning run; plus, afterward, I feel lighter and more athletic. And thankfully, I never have a problem with timing because of #2 on my list here (hee, hee, I made a pun).
5. Get dressed. Yes, finally we're at that stage. Getting dressed includes slipping on the running attire, but it also means pulling my hair back and applying Body Glide to the necessary spots.
6. Lastly, I snap on the iPod and affix the Garmin around my wrist: Then I'm ready to step out the door.
So, yes, this morning was another successful AM run with the above prep routine to ready me for it.