TAT CN Header

Friday, December 07, 2012

Foto Friday: Christmas Cards

Getting two kids to look and smile at the camera at the same time is just about as difficult for me as solving a word problem in an Algebra class -- a task I deem impossible and usually just abandon.  But, this year, I lucked out and managed to snap this pic of the two kiddos for our holiday card: A Christmas miracle!


Like finding a four leaf clover, this shot was purely a stroke of good fortune. 

Among the outtakes, there were about 1.2 billion other pics that featured one of them looking, no one looking, someone crying, someone picking his or her nose, Scooter's butt, or Caleb pointing at something using his middle finger.

One of these years, I'm gonna just use "those" pics.  It's more representative of the true nature of this household, which is place where a girl can sneeze masking tape out of her nose at the dinner table or where a boy stands up and pees in the bath tub every. single. time.

Still, I always refrain from using those "bloopers" because I figure the holidays are a time of magic and make-believe, and with such perfectly posed smiling pics, I can kinda trick myself into believing that these two are nothing but sweet, obedient angels.

They sure look that way, don't they?

13 comments:

Turi Becker said...

I totally did that one year. After two different sessions of about fifty pictures each, I still didn't have one good shot where both kids looked okay . So, I picked five or so of the WORST ones and made a collage of them for the card. Pretty funny, looking back on those now...

Sarah said...

WOW! That is insanely cute and perfect. We always use the outtakes... I usually do a collage of pics so I can include some of the sort-of-sweet ones and a couple of the ridiculous ones. But never have I ever captured such a perfect shot!

Erin said...

I am also torn between the "real" pics and the nice ones that are only a snapshot in time. I would appreciate the candid shots. Count me in favor if you make a card with those on it. :)

Anonymous said...

This site was... how do you say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which helped me. Thank you!
My site: whenever

Carolina John said...

a-dor-able! I love the outtake pics too. Sometimes I'll throw one in at a very opportune moment.

nrmrvrk said...

Good job on the photo. I've captured maybe two pictures of my kids both looking at the camera at the same time since #2 was born. Nevermind trying to get them to both say "cheese pizza" while doing it.

Mom, inc. said...

you are lucky! i have basically given up photographing the one kid for the holidays. you got a good one - but honestly, sometimes i go back and look at the "outages" later and think they are pretty special too.

Jason & Larissa said...

One year I used a pic of 1 of our kids crying while the other was laughing (we only had 2 at the time). I thought it was funny and it was EXACTLY how our family really was. NICE pic!

Elizabeth said...

One word: ADORABLE!!!!!! I literally can't wait to have kids so I can send out cute cards.

Kathee said...

They are very cute! I use to do that with my kids. I have some of the funniest pictures too, it's awesome!

fancy nancy said...

Taking pictures of toddlers is such a crap shoot!! This is am awesome one!!! I've used outtakes before on our card!!

Unknown said...

So cute! I have up and finally just used two separate photos, one of each kid alone...

Agate Lake Girl said...

I actually got three decent photos of my kids this year (a result of two different home photo shoots and a 200+ pics)!