TAT CN Header

Friday, September 28, 2012

Update

So, I ended up going to the doctor yesterday.  They did a urine test, a throat culture, a flu test, and drew my blood.  The results of the blood test are still out, but everything else came back negative, so the prognosis?  "Probably some kind of virus."

Today, I decided to take the day off work so I could get some extra rest.  I think I've been trying too hard to just plow through this ick, but I think I clearly need some rest.  I slept this morning for an extra 3 hours.  It was pretty awesome.

Hopefully, by the time the blood test results come back, I'm feeling better.

As for the running, the doctor was not totally for it, but wasn't totally against it either.  I take that as a green light on at least getting short runs done to keep the streak active.

I'm too sick to work, but dammit, I'm not too sick to run! :)

10 comments:

fancy nancy said...

I hope they find out what is going on....does your doctor not understand the streak???!!!

Erin said...

I knew you would run unless they explicitly said NO RUNNING. Good job taking the day off. I usually take one off to do chores but doing absolutely nothing sounds fabulous!

TNTcoach Ken said...

LMAO! You asked if you could run?????

James said...

Maybe resting will do you good. Technically, a slow 1 mile run would keep the streak going. Go easy and get as much rest as possible.

Unknown said...

I'm pretty sure I was attacked by a virus too. Nothing you can do about it but treat the symptoms and wait. I, however, was too sick to run.

Kathee said...

Virus's are the pits! Hope you feel better and don't forget fluids!

Julie D said...

Yeah, I always have that "can't work but can run" mentality, lol.

Lee said...

Running > working. Feel better.

Erika . . . with a K said...

Maybe your body is trying to tell you to take it easy. Doesn't streaking take the enjoyment out if running if you are doing it just to say you did it?

Crissy Rae said...

Skip work but keep the running...sounds about right!