TAT CN Header

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Costume Complete

So, what I said last night about Scooter's tail healing? Well, that was a lie. This morning's tail inspection revealed that he is still chewing at it and the fur-hole is bigger. Because Scooter abhors the e-collar (I think he would literally gnaw his own head off to get out of it), we decided that the next best preventative measure was to wrap his tail in athletic tape. You can tell from his pitiful look that he doesn't much like this option either. But it's either that or the e-collar, I told him, so he better man up and get used to a wrapped tail until he can leave it alone.

In other Saturday morning news, I ran some errands this morning and bought the remaining accessories for my Halloween costume. No, I'm not going to reveal it until Halloween, but I am pretty pleased with it, and if I do say so myself, I think it may very well be my best costume to date. In the meantime, Jerry went to the liquor store to begin the stockpile for our Halloween party on Friday. He's going to buy a "party ball" (it's like a mini-keg of beer, but it's too small to do keg-stands with -- dangit) and an assortment of other alcoholic beverages for the wop he's gonna make. I'm totally stoked for our party (only 6 days away!) and I can't wait to see what everyone dresses up as!

Otherwise, today is a running rest day, and tomorrow I am meeting Wendy again for an early morning 10 miler in Boca. Then, tomorrow afternoon, Jerry and I are joining some friends to tailgate and go to the Dolphin game down at Dolphin stadium. Should be a drunken-football-tastic time!

11 comments:

Marlene said...

Awww, poor Scoot! Looks kinda funny, though!

Sounds like a fun weekend - enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I thought you were going to reveal he costume! Can't wait to see it. Hope Scooter's tail gets better. He doesn't look to happy in the picture.

Have a great run tomorrow.

SavvyFitChica said...

Athletic tape is a great fix! You're such a good parent!

I can't wait to see what your halloween costume is- you're always so creative.

Aka Alice said...

Yeah...that is one ticked-off (no pun intended...) looking dog.

Have a great weekend!

Laurel said...

HAHAHA! WE had to wrap Zero's tail once too. She HATED it.

She didn't mind the e-collar. It was us who hated it because she was so big she would knock everything over with it and scrape it against our legs. Big, stupid girl :)

I can't wait to see the costume! Have fun at the Fins game.

Unknown said...

Poor Scooter looks dejected with his tail wrapped up!

Anonymous said...

Man, I was totally expecting a pic of you in the costume. What a letdown. :o)

Poor Scooter!

MN Mom said...

I am a huge Ceasar Millan fan and watch incesently & on his show dogs have done this behavior before and he said they were bored. That they needed excersise and challenge. Does Scooter run with you? If not maybe you could take him, it would most likely make him too tired to chew his tail. Just a thought.

Christine said...

Can't wait to see what the Halloween costume looks like! Have fun at tha partayyyyy!

Wes said...

Poor scooter. Yea, they start chewing and then they just make it worse. That looks like a good idea to me though..

L*I*S*A said...

I bet you'll find a way to do a keg stand with the party ball.

We did.