TAT CN Header

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Totally Whack

So, I'm sitting here flipping through the channels, waiting for "Lost," which doesn't come on until 10, and I stopped for a bit on a new reality series on the "CW" called "The Next Pussycat Doll"; well, I think that's the name of it, anyway; they're auditioning for the next addition to the group. So, I notice that one of the girls looks familiar, and I'm intrigued: Is that one of my students?

I kept an eye out for her to re-appear, and upon further scrutiny, and the mention of her name, Chelsea, and her hometown, Cooper City, FL, I knew it WAS one of my students! Actually, she was in one of my classes last semester, and she withdrew from class about 6 weeks into the course (did she withdraw to film this show? I don't know!), but I remember her.

It's so weird! That girl who sat in the back row in the 12:30 class is now on my TV screen! I hope she makes it to the final 9, so I can see her go farther in the competition, but if she speaks and her grammar isn't correct -- well, like I said, she withdrew 6 weeks into the semester, so I can't take responsibility for that.

2 comments:

brunettechicagogal said...

What the hell is a Pussycat Doll?

Erin said...

Wow, it is almost like you are famous in some twisted red headed step child way.