TAT CN Header

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Holy Humid Batman!

Even though it was only 79 degrees this morning when I headed out on my run, the humidity was at 89%! For the past week, the humidity has been hanging around the 90% mark and the air has been thick with moisture. We've been receiving an unusual amount of rain and while it cools the earth, it makes the outdoors feel like a giant terrarium. So, this morning, I was sweatin' like the devil on my run, and when I got home, I have to admit I felt a little naueous. I'm not sure if I was over-heating or if the sweat loss dehydrated me, or if I was just being a baby, but there were a few minutes when I got home where I sat down, gulped my water, and felt a little dizzy.

I took a cool shower and then laid down for a minute with the fan on and I felt better, but it sucked. Humidity is a reality of living in Florida (that's what you get for living in a swamp), but good lord, can't we get a little dry air this way?

2 comments:

Erin said...

I have had to put the "defrost" on in my car for the past few mornings for about 10 minutes before my windshield dried off. Humid...I think down here we need a different name for it. Any suggestions?

MNFirefly said...

OMG! Thank goodness we have not that problem here.