TAT CN Header

Thursday, April 04, 2013

March Tally

So, we're 4 days into April, and I realize that.  Kind of. 

March flew by for me -- it was a blur of spring break, then my grandpa's death and my subsequent trip to Wyoming, then Easter and a visit from my brother, and an unexpected visit from my SIL.  Before I knew it, March was in the rearview.

But, despite being a busy month, I still racked up 110 miles and continued my streak (total days now stacks up to 93!).  Plus, with a 10K at the beginning of the month, I set a new 10K PR, and that was pretty awesome.

As for April, the goals remain straightforward: I'm very close to tying my previous 100 day streaks, and dare I say it, I believe I will exceed those previous 100 day streaking barriers.  Thus, I plan to continue freakin' streakin'! 

Also, this weekend, I have another 10K, and while the bar is high for my level of awesomeness, we'll see if I can clear that bar.  As for the month's mileage, if I continue streaking, I should be able to maintain the standard I've set in the first 3 months of the year: Run at least 100 miles a month.  Last year, April was one of my lowest mileage months (I only ran 60 miles in April 2012), so if I hit the 100 mile milestone this month, I'll be pleased.

And, after April, my academic year pretty much comes to a close, so then it's just 4 months of straight up summer running!

4 comments:

Carolina John said...

yea I turned around twice and march was gone. It really flew by!

It's incredibly cool to meet the goals like that. I'll take a month with a streak, a pr, and over 100 miles any time I could get it. Great job!

B. Kramer said...

I need to leach some of your motivation. Awesome job ... once again ... cheers!

Kevin said...

Great job racking up the miles and setting a new 10K PR. Congrats. Keep it up

Unknown said...

Hi,

I currently operate www.gorunagain.com, a running blog for adult beginning runners. I recently came across your blog and liked what I saw.
I see that you also focus on running and have a lot of experience. Next week I’m putting together a blog post about key tips for a beginning runner. Rather, than run through the usual list, about shoes, doctors, and don’t run too fast, I was hoping to get some more unconventional, but truly valuable ideas.

If you have any tips to share, I would really appreciate it. I’ll be sure they are included in my post, and in return, I’ll be sure to give you and your blog credit for your contribution.

Thanks in advance!

Kris Wenzel
www.gorunagain.com.