1. Filed our income taxes today.
2. Our refund is now on its way! Sweet.
3. We always file our taxes in February. I like to get it done and over with.
4. And, I can never fully understand why people wait until April to file.
5. Even the years I had to pay in, I did it early.
6. Again, I like to get it out of the way.
7. There's no state income tax in FL.
8. There are only 7 states that have no income tax.
9. The other 6 include: Alaska, Nevada, South Dakota, Texas, Washington and Wyoming.
10. The fact that there's no income tax here may lead some to believe it's cheaper to live here.
11. Not true.
12. Trust me, we make up the taxes in other ways, primarily through high property taxes.
13. Aside from taxes, I also graded some papers today.
14. Not a fun weekend activity, but a necessary one. For some reason, those students like to get almost instantaneous feedback, so I bust my ass to try and give it to 'em.
15. Although I do remind them that each time they write ONE essay, I have to read about 75 of them.
16. That makes them slightly more empathetic to my grading load.
17. Reading those essays made me sleepy though.
18. So I took a long nap.
19. Scooter snuggled me.
20. Then, I went for a 4 miler.
21. Finished it in 39:44.
22. Without Jerry, I certainly don't push myself as hard on the pace.
23. It was also pretty warm for the run. Only 71, but it was sunny, and my face felt like a hot beet when I got done.
24. I'm glad I wore my sunglasses.
25. Jerry's making Baked Potato Soup for dinner and it smells delicious.