TAT CN Header

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Taking it Easy

Last week, after hitting the month's mileage goal, I promptly caught a cold.  With an accompanying low-grade fever.  Admittedly, I internally freaked out a bit with the fever since last year at this time, I got sick with a virus whose principle symptom was a low grade fever and it wound up undoing the streak I had going back then.  Thankfully, by Friday, the fever had passed and so had most of my other symptoms and I was feeling better.

But, I did take advantage then of a "bye" week in terms of mileage.  I ran no more than 3 miles a day, and totaled the week with 19.64 miles, almost half of the previous week's effort.

Honestly, it's been nice giving myself a little running "break," as the decreased effort spilled into this week too.  A streak never affords a runner an entire break, but it's funny how such a descrease in mileage really does feel like one.  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You're incredible. My friend and I are trying to run 4 days in a row this week...3-4 miles each day and that seems like a lot to me. But it would be an easy streak for you!

Kathee said...

That's amazing! Feel better. I feel like everyone has been sick and I've avoided it until last weekend. Just a cough but it bites!

Kevin said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Sometimes a little backdown recovery week is a good thing

Ryan said...

You can pass some of that running mojo my way and still keep your streak alive. :)

Carolina John said...

Tell me about it. In the taper, these ironman workouts seem easy. Hope you feel better soon!

Mom, inc. said...

hope you're feeling better!