TAT CN Header

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Monday's Run

On Mondays, Norah started ballet at school.  It goes from 3:15 until 4:15, so I have an hour to kill.  How do I do that?  How do you think?  Run!

It's too hot at that time of day to run outside, but yesterday I did what will probably become routine on Mondays: Run on the treadmill at the gym.

It's been a looooooooonnnngggggg while since I last ran on a treadmill, and even though it was boring, it was nice to feel (somewhat) speedy again.  Over the course of the last few months, even though I wear my Garmin and record my time, I have been doing my best to ignore my timing since it's been so dang slow.  I know that this time of year, with the heat, always slows me down, and this year I also have to account for the toll a streak takes on me.  So, I've gotten used to averaging 10:30 min/miles. 

But, yesterday's run on the treadmill was a different story.  Inside the A/C and on the treadmill (where I can just set the pace and then keep up), I ran 6 miles in 58:10, which is a 9:40 pace.  Stil slow considering that in March I ran a 10K in 56:12, which is a 9:03 pace.

Still.  I was pleased with it. A sub-hour 6 miler right now is more than welcome!

Today, then, I'm feeling it: A bit sore, a bit tight.  But, pleasantly so.

No comments: