TAT CN Header

Thursday, February 21, 2013

As Seen on TV

Last week, Norah called me a "chickenhead" and then she did this version of a "cock-a-doodle-do," accompanied by a physical "chicken" dance that reminded me of every single character on "Arrested Development," and Michael Bluth declaring, "Has anyone in this family ever even seen a chicken?"

Since then, I've been noticing TV-resemblences in all kinds of things the kids do.  This probably indicates that I watch too much TV, but whatever, it's hilarious, bear with me.

For Chirstmas, Norah got a scooter.  She loves it.  And she rolls everywhere on it.  It totally reminds me of Gob on "Arrested Development" with his segway:


So, yeah, I'm hotly anticipating Nexflix's release of the new "Arrested Development" in May (because it's the best show that ever got cancelled), but I have also observed the kids as other TV characters.  Principally, Caleb has a way of drinking from a water fountain that is EXACTLY like Andy Dwyer on "Parks and Rec."  Observe: Me thinks he may be part-Pawneean!

Norah also does a great version of "Big Bang Theory's" Sheldon's favorite tune: "Soft Kitty."  But, Blogger is being a be-yotch about loading all these videos, so you'll just have to imagine that one.

Trust me, it's a gem.

3 comments:

James said...

I recently decided to give AD a try and fell in love with it. The chicken dance is awesome! I hope you're videotaping these things for future blackmail.

To Norah's first boyfriend: "Want to see Norah doing the chicken dance??"

Ha!

Carolina John said...

I can't wait for the new season of AD and the movie looks really good too!

Anonymous said...

If Caleb learns "Smelly Cat" you could overlay it with Norah's "Soft Kitty" and that would equal brilliance!