- Norah and the big girl bed. That little muffin and her newfound freedom are hard to contain, and every night this week, bedtime has taken anywhere from 60-90 minutes. Every time we think she's in there, about to fall asleep, we turn around and she's cruisin' the hallway with Bo-Bo -- her stuffed bear partner in crime. It's cute and frustrating at the same time.
- Speaking of Bo-Bo, I should mention a funny aside: Norah has been nursing Bo-Bo lately. It's pretty cute. And I guess it explains why Bo-Bo also has so many poopy diapers lately, which Norah declares are "Gross!"
- My SIL was visiting. Which was awesome! It was like having an unpaid, good-spirited nanny 24/7. She made life around here so much easier for the week -- I think I was able to sit and have a HOT cup of cofee every morning. I'm gonna miss that. Oh, and her too.
- Speaking of the SIL, she and I also got out for a movie -- in an actual movie theater! -- we saw "Bridesmaids" and I literally laughed so hard, I may have peed a little. Which maybe doesn't say that much since 7 weeks post-partum means I still have the occasional "sneeze pee," but really, the movie was hil.ar.i.ous!
- I also planned and executed a baby shower for my friend Erin on Saturday. At the first baby shower I threw for Erin -- 3 and a half years ago now -- people had to be driven home because they'd gotten so drunk. At this shower, I ran out of non-alcoholic wine and had 3 full bottles of real wine left in the fridge. I guess times really are a changin'!
- Speaking of the shower, Jerry took the dog and kids to a friend's house during the shower, and when they got home, I picked Caleb up and he promptly pushed out a poop so runny and so explosive that it shot out the back of his shorts and ran down the front of my dress and dripped onto the floor. That pretty much cleared the house and signaled the end of the party.
- Lastly, I did do some running. Even completed that 3 miler I'd be working up to. So, in short? I'm pretty much a rock star.
- Speaking of running...dangit, I don't have another running related bullet point. Guess, I'll have to run this evening so I have one for tomorrow!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
It seems as though life this summer has kept me away from being a diligent blogger -- both in regards to posting and reading. (Although, something funky is going on that is keeping me from commenting on some of your blogs -- tech nerds, what's up with that?) But, rather than spend too much time apologizing for my absence, I figure I'll just move on to what has been keeping me busy this past week: