TAT CN Header

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Can't Think of a Title

Thanks for all the enthusiasm regarding "My Own 13.1"! Many of you asked to join me virtually, and I think that's a wonderful idea; however, I'm not hosting a virtual race. It just seems like a lot of work. But, as I said, I'd love it if others wanted to mark their calendars and run their own "race" that day!

That being said, I ran my first training run yesterday evening. I haven't run in the evening in a long time, but with the time change, after Norah was in bed and after we'd had dinner, it was still light out (granted, it was only 7:15 then, but still, the day does feel longer with that extra daylight). So, I don't know if it was running in the evening, running with the iPod, or running without the jogging stroller, but some unknown factor made me a bit faster, and I finished 3 miles in 27:40.

12 comments:

C said...

I'll be running at the same time as you on race day. I'll be trudging through my marathon then. I'm thinking my weather probably won't be as kick-ass as yours though. :)

teacherwoman said...

I think that's the weekend of the Fargo Marathon. Don't you just wanna come up here and do the half? :)

Wes said...

TOO LATE! You are hereby nominated as virtual race director! Ha! What day is this going to be again? I need to check my training calendar.

JojaJogger said...

Title Suggestion: "My Non-Virtual But You Can Run 13.1 The Same Day If You Want Half Marathon" or MNVBYCR13.1TSDIYWHF for short.

Marlene said...

I've seen what goes into hosting a virtual race... don't blame you for not wanting to take that on. I will undoubtedly be running that day also, so count me in for the "unofficial" race.

Anonymous said...

Look at you blazin' along in the Forida evening! Way to go.

Krissy said...

nice time! that is great for just a training run!

Katie A. said...

Nice time girly! But I think you forgot to factor that you're getting your speed back! No good weather or lack of jogging stroller can take that away! Whoo hoo!

Jess said...

Look at you getting that speed back! I bet it's much easier to run while not pushing the jogging stroller!

Anonymous said...

Nice job on the run. Maybe your body is jsut getting faster!

ajh said...

Love the title. I'm often in the same spot.

Anonymous said...

So when is this non-virtual race gonna be?