But now, as an adult, I think Thanksgiving, and the resulting 4 day weekend, is one of my favorite holidays! So, I'm stoked for it to get started already -- I, like my students, will be excited to be done with class this afternoon. What's up for the weekend? Well, a few fun, fabulous things:
- Turkey Trot! Yay! Best 5K of the year. Won't be much of a "race" for me this year, but I love running it no matter what.
- Turkey Dinner! Bring on the calories: I'm back to my pre-preggo weight (disclaimer: NOT pre-preggo shape) so I don't feel too guilty indulging in carbs covered in fat. Yummers.
- Wedding Anniversary on Friday! Celebrating 6 years with the Jer-Bear. We have a babysitter and we're going out! And, we'll probably be home by 10 ;)
- Christmas decorating! Jerry has been itching to put up the tree and Christmas decor for at least a week now, so I'm sure that 7 am, Friday morning, our house will be an ornament-strewn wonderland.
- Other Christmas extravaganzas! I think we're planning to do our gingerbread houses, some cookie baking, and some light-seeing this weekend as well. Jerry and I are practically frantic to enjoy this Christmas season since I think this year Norah will really "get it." We're introducing the concept of Santa (and cross our fingers for the potential good-behavior Santa-bribery), and I think it's gonna be super-duper fun.