TAT CN Header

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Just because it works once...

...doesn't mean it works again.

Today, I brought my running stuff with me to school in the hopes that I could again fit a run in between my afternoon and evening classes, and while that was initially promising, it quickly turned out that it wasn't gonna happen today. Primarily this is because I have had a busy day dealing with students: Students who want to be added to my classes, students who want to transfer from one section to another, one student who will be gone next week who needed the work he'll miss, one student who was gone yesterday who needed the work she missed, etc, etc, etc. I can't believe it's only the 2nd day of classes!

Oh well, I kinda knew ahead of time that the chances of a repeat were slim, and in the future, I know such a run won't be possible: I need that time to get actual work done. So, looks like I'll be moving today's intended run to tomorrow, which is fine -- no class on Fridays for me anyway :)

17 comments:

d.a.r. said...

Okay, I know you said you had a training plan in place (I think, or am I absolutely losing my mind? I wouldn't be surprised at this point...). Would you mind sharing it? I'd love to know what kind of mileage you are doing, or at least what kind of long runs you are doing.

Clearly, I am still a newbie and am already a bit panicky about my 1/2 in April... :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you for being prepared anyway!!

lifestudent said...

Are those three hours your office hours or were you being bombarded during your running time? Tell those kids to wait so you can get some miles in ;)

Unknown said...

Better yet, tell your students they have to run along with you if they want to ask questions!

Becca said...

That's the great thing about running...it can usually be done anytime and anywhere!

Anonymous said...

Wow- so much stuff so early in the term! I've lugged running gear to work in hopes of getting a run in, only to not be able to. Its good to be prepared though, because you never know!

teacherwoman said...

Hey, you had a great mid-day run yesterday... doesn't mean it was meant to be today! The idea and effort was there!

MCM Mama said...

Well, definitely keep taking your stuff, 'cause you never know when an opportunity will open up!

Sounds like a crazy busy day though.

Carly said...

It is nice that you can take advantage of a break in the action when the opportunity is there.

Anonymous said...

Way to stay flexible. Hope you have a great weekend.

Jess said...

Bummer you couldn't squeeze in another quick run at work. P.S. I'm jealous of your lack of classes on Fridays!

Krissy said...

yeah I am learning real fast now having a baby and all just because it happened once doesn't mean it will happen again the same way! But you take advantage of the times you can squeeze in little workouts here and there...that is all that is important!

Anonymous said...

Damn students... What, they think you are there for their benefit?

Wes said...

Stay flexible!

Shellyrm ~ just a country runner said...

Take the gear anyway, somedays you might fit it in!

runner26 said...

still--better to have that option than not!

N.D. said...

keep bringing the stuff - and do it when you can!